One thing I would like to say before I begin talking about scrapbooking - Be Careful - it can become addictive. I started in quite a small way. I collected postcards from the places we visited on holiday or for work. Then I began posting them in an album and writing notes about the place or the events or the day. Soon the entry tickets to theatres or museums and the brochures or catalogues joined them in the files.
This was the point when I first encountered the Becky Higgins Project Life . It is a cross between a beautiful scrap book and a photo album, but so much more flexible and colourful. I was so impressed when a friend showed me her box, which she received as a birthday present from her mother. It contained so many good ideas and the presentation pages were so beautifully colourful, that even I could become artistic.
So it went on my Christmas list and I received my first one for Christmas 2009. Since then I have bought another for myself,ordered one from Amazon as a retirement gift for a work colleague and another as a present for my niece when she moved to Canada.She was so impressed by mine and it gave her a focus for making some trips while she was finding her feet in a new country.
This system is especially useful for new scrapbookers, as you only need to add the pictures and make your notes. The artistic parts are already there to choose between. Another good point is that it is all in a book and so can be used anywhere.
This year I have made a photo diary of a very special year for me, my daughter's first year in school. This is my project 365. I have pictures of all her teachers and their classrooms, the games in the playground, waiting for the school bus and so many more things that made up this year, which of course she will never remember.
As you can see it is totally addictive, so much so that I am trying to get other people addicted too. No seriously, this is a great hobby for people, whether young or old. I wish I had known about this project earlier. When I think of other things I have seen or done, but I did not keep the bits and pieces which would have brought the memory home even stronger.
There is more about scrapbooking and Becky Higgins Project Life at http://www.squidoo.com/becky-higgins-project-life
No comments:
Post a Comment